Here, you will be learning how to enable hidden features you can use on MIUI 12 to watch YouTube videos in the background without premium, customize boot animation and more.
Xiaomi's MIUI 12 comes with many useful features that seem hidden from many. Some of these hidden features and how to enable them will be discussed below. You do not need an update or a third-party app to use these special features or get rid of annoying ads.
To start with, ensure your Xiaomi device is running the latest version of MIUI.
- How to Use Windows 10 in Dark Mode
- 6 WhatsApp Features Not Available on Web Version
- Easy Steps to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web
Enable Dark Mode
To enable dark mode on MIUI 12, do this:
- Go to Settings >> Display >> Dark mode.
- Now, enable the dark theme from here.
- You can also set which apps will use dark mode from the More Dark Mode options.
Use Ultra battery saver mode
Ultra battery saver comes with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.
- Go to Settings >> Battery >> Enable Ultra battery saver.
- Alternatively, you can use the quick toggle shortcut in the notification panel or from the control centre.
Activate Floating windows
You can now open an app in a pop-up window especially when you want to multitask. To use it:
- Open an app and go to the Recents tab.
- Hold down the app's icon and tap the Floating window icon.
- Alternatively, you can tap Floating Windows from the notification panel.
Access Screen recording settings
You can make changes to your screen recording settings by doing this:
- Open Screen Recorder and tap Settings.
- You can find the video quality and increase or decrease as you please.
Besides, you can change the audio channel of your screen recordings to mute, use Mic only or the System sounds when you tap Sound source.
Adjust background blur in photos
You can change the blurred background in photos by doing this:
- Open the Gallery app and tap the tiny aperture icon on a portrait photo.
- Now, set up the blurriness level by dragging the slider.
Customize the camera app
You can hide the additional camera modes from the more tab by doing this:
- Open the Camera app and go to Camera settings >> Customize >> Camera modes.
- You can now arrange the additional camera modes available.
Let YouTube play in the background
MIUI 12 allow you to play YouTube even when phone remains locked.
- Go to Settings >> Special features >> Video toolbox and enable.
- Set to give permissions to YouTube to run while the phone is locked.
Use New clock Style
To use the new clock style on MIUI 12:
- Go to Settings >> Lock screen >> Lock screen clock format.
- Next, choose the new style format.
Customize boot animation
Before you can change, you will need to download some boot animations from the Theme Store, then do this:
- Go to Themes >> Customize theme >> Boot animation.
- Choose any boot animation you like and reboot your phone.
- WhatsApp to delete accounts of GB and Plus users
- 3 Simple Ways to Remove Background From Your Photos
- How to Remove Bloatware Apps in MIUI 12 Without Root
Found this post helpful? Kindly share with friends.
- How to Fix “Westpac Accounts Not Showing” - December 4, 2023
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023