You don’t feel too native with the language Facebook is being served to you? Here, you will be learning how to change the language on Facebook and Instagram.
Facebook and Instagram are two of the most used social media platforms housing people from different backgrounds, ethnic groups, cultures and regions. While Facebook is mostly used to express feelings, Instagram helps people to connect and share their interests. However, it is important to know that both platforms are owned alongside WhatsApp by the same company, Facebook Inc.
If you would like to express yourself better on these platforms, you can change your language to the one you understand better. These two platforms will help you browse and share content in multiple languages. To achieve this using their native app or desktop browser, kindly follow the procedure below.
- How to Change the Name of an Android Device
- Change WhatsApp Phone Number Without Losing Chats
- How Google can help you keep your passwords safe and secure
Before we proceed, be sure that if you change your language settings for Facebook on a device, that won’t change the settings on other devices you use and won’t change the language settings of your device.
How to Change Language on Facebook App
- Grab your device and open the native Facebook app for Android or iOS.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon located on the top-right in Android, and in the bottom-right on iOS.
- Navigate downward and tap Settings & Privacy
- Select Language on Android, or App Language on iOS.
- Select your preferred language for the Facebook app from the list and save.
How to Change Language on Facebook in Web Browser
- From the Facebook web page, login and click on the drop-down arrow from the top-right and choose Settings & Privacy.
- Next, click Settings then Language and Region.
- Select Edit in the Facebook language section and choose your preferred language from the drop-down.
- Lastly, click on Save Changes and you are done.
How to Change Language on Instagram app
- Get your Android or iOS device and start the Instagram app.
- Next, tap the profile icon in the bottom right followed by the hamburger menu on the top-right.
- Choose Settings from the bottom and tap Account.
- Next, tap Language and choose your preferred option from the available list and save.
How to Change Language on Instagram in browser
- Log in to Instagram and click on your profile picture from the top-right
- Next, choose Profile and navigate downwards towards the bottom of the page.
- You will see a drop-down icon with language. Select this and choose your preferred language.
That is all you need to do to change the language on Facebook and Instagram.
- 5 Useful Tips to Repost Instagram Stories
- How to Add Special Effects to Instagram Messages
- How to Know Who is Saving Your Posts on Instagram
Help keep others informed. Please share!