In this post, you will be learning how to disable Google Meet from Gmail.
Earlier this year, Google launched its video conferencing app, Google Meet and has largely competed with other popular apps such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, JioMeet and others made for that purpose.
To use Google Meet, you only need a Google account and you can start your video conferencing journey right from the Gmail interface.
You may also like:
- Google Meet to roll out new security features for video meetings
- How to Set Up or Organize a Zoom Meeting
- 8 Things Your Phone Camera Can Do Other Than Selfie
The Google Meet tab is located a button away from Mail across all devices including Android and iOS. Also, it is not visible for all Gmail users. The tab can only be seen by users who have a paid G Suite account on their devices. You can check when you log in to your Gmail account and find it right above the Hangouts tab.
Although, the Google Meet can be accessed from a separate website and its apps are available for download on both Google Play and iOS App Store. To use, you are only required to create a new meeting or enter a code or link to join one.
Unfortunately, based on an unpopular survey recently carried out, it was confirmed that not every Gmail users want Google Meet, or at least, not from the mail end, hence the need to find a way to disable it. However, if you would like to separate Google Meet option from Gmail, the good news is, I have come up with a solution to be revealed below.
How to Disable Google Meet from Gmail
How to Remove Google Meet from Gmail App on Smartphones
This method works for Android and iOS devices.
- Tap to open the Gmail app on your smartphone and tap the hamburger icon.
- Then, move to Settings. You will be required to select a Gmail account to continue.
- Further, locate the Meet tab and uncheck Show the Meet tab for video calling option.
You have just removed Google Meet from Gmail app. The Meet tab will cease to show from the app henceforth. However, if you have a change of mind in the future, you can always revert the process by following the steps above to enable the option again.
Note that should in case you have multiple Gmail accounts logged in your device, you will need to repeat the steps for each separately.
How to Remove Google Meet from Gmail Web
Kindly follow the steps below to disable Google Meet from Gmail web.
- Log in to Gmail mail.google.com from any browser on your PC.
- Click on Settings, then See all settings.
- Further, click Chat and Meet and enable Hide the Meet section in the main menu option.
That is all needed to disable Google Meet from Gmail web. However, you can always revert the settings in the future.
You may also like:
- 7 Unknown Instagram Tips Everyone Must Try
- How to Schedule WhatsApp Messages on Smartphones
- How to Edit Photos with Instagram and Save Locally Without Posting
Found this helpful? Kindly leave your comments below. Lastly, remember to share this post with friends.
- How to Fix KB5034441 Update Not Installing on Windows 10 - January 18, 2024
- How to Fix 0x80070643 Error on Windows 10 - January 18, 2024
- Comparing Used Car Loans: Finding The Best Rates And Terms - January 18, 2024