If you're experiencing issues with the KB5030310 update not installing, not downloading or not showing up on your Windows 11 system, don't worry. We have prepared a guide to assist you in resolving this problem.
Microsoft's newest operating system, Windows 11, comes packed with a range of features and enhancements.
Nevertheless, some users have faced challenges while attempting to install the KB5030310 update. This particular update brings website suggestions to the Start menu and resolves concerns related to Microsoft Excel, Outlook, the Korean touch keyboard and more.
This guide will help you resolve issues with the KB5030310 update not installing, not downloading or not showing up on your Windows 11 system.
How to Fix KB5030310 Update Not Installing on Windows 11
Solution 1: Run the Update Troubleshooter
- Open the Windows start menu and click on “Settings.”
- Select “System.”
- Under “System,” click on “Troubleshoot.”
- Then, choose “Other troubleshooters.”
- Find “Windows Update” and click on it.
- Click the “Run” button.
- After completion, restart your PC.
Solution 2: Turn on “Get the Latest Updates as Soon as They're Available”
- Search for “Check for updates” using Windows Search and open it.
- Under “More options,” turn on “Get the latest updates as soon as they're available.”
- Select “Check for updates” and wait for the process to complete.
- Click on “Download & Install” to download KB5030310 or any newer updates.
Solution 3: Restart Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
- Type “Services” in the Windows search bar and select it.
- Scroll down and find “Windows Update.”
- Double-click it, go to “Startup type,” and set it to “Automatic.”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK.”
- Right-click on “Windows Update” and choose “Restart the service.”
- Locate “Background intelligent transfer service.”
- Double-click it, set “Startup type” to “Automatic,” and click “Apply.”
- Click “OK” and then “Restart the service.”
- Finally, restart your PC.
Solution 4: Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant
- Go to Microsoft's official Windows 11 download page.
- Click on “Download Now” to get the Windows 11 Installation Assistant.
- Run the downloaded .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to accept and install the update.
Solution 5: Use Microsoft Update Catalog
- Visit the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
- In the search bar, enter “KB5030310” and click Enter.
- Download the Windows 11 KB5030310 update and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your PC to apply the update.
Solution 6: Reset Windows Update Components
If none of the previous methods worked, resetting the Windows Update components might resolve the issue. Follow these steps:
Open the Notepad app and copy the following lines:
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop msiserver net stop cryptsvc net stop appidsvc Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll netsh winsock reset netsh winsock reset proxy rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup Sfc /ScanNow net start bits net start wuauserv net start msiserver net start cryptsvc net start appidsvc
- Paste the copied content into the Notepad file.
- Save the file with a .bat extension (e.g., reset_update.bat).
- Right-click on the saved .bat file and choose “Run as administrator.”
- This will restart all Windows update services and reset related components.
- Restart your PC and attempt to install the KB5030310 update once again.
Solution 7: Use the Media Creation Tool
- Visit Microsoft's Windows 11 download page.
- Click on “Download Now” to get the Media Creation Tool.
- Open the downloaded file and run the setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
To resolve the issue of the KB5030310 update not installing on your Windows 11 system, you can try the solutions explained above. Remember to restart your PC to ensure that the updates are applied successfully.
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023
- How to Fix Klarna Not Working - November 21, 2023