Over the years, Instagram does not allow every user to share links to their Stories. However, the restriction was recently removed to allow all users to add links to their Stories. Here, we have explained how to add links to Instagram Story.
Instagram is one of the most popular social platforms. One of its most sorted features is the ability to add links. It is an incredible feature, especially for influencers and creators who want to share valuable content resources or advertise with their followers.
Earlier, the feature was rolled out as a Swipe Up option, but it was recently remade as Instagram Stickers, which is more convenient and open to users.
- How to Add Music to Instagram Story
- How to Share Posts on Instagram Story
- Find Instagram Account with Number/Email
How the Instagram Link Stickers Work
The ability to add links in Instagram stories with a new Link Sticker option has been made available. Before, the feature was opened to a few users only, and links could only be shown with a swipe-up button.
However, recent changes to the Instagram app now allow users to add links to their stories. In addition, contrary to the similar old feature, which is only available to users with over 10,000 followers, this feature is open to all.
The restriction was removed with the introduction of the new feature, and all Instagram users using link stickers can share post a link to their stories.
With this development, the feature becomes accessible and used by all Instagram users. The link stickers feature was rolled out globally and added to all IG accounts. You can now add links to your Instagram Stories without any restriction.
The old feature was offered only to certain people. For example, you must have more than 10,000 followers on the platform, own a verified account, or represent a verified brand to add links to your stories.
Instagram allowed users with over 10,000 followers to add swipe-up links in Stories until it replaced the old linking method with link stickers. The link stickers can be added and placed anywhere on a story.
How to Add Links to Instagram Story
- Launch the Instagram app and swipe to your right. The option to post a story will show up on your screen.
- Select a photo or a video as a story.
- Once the photo has been selected, swipe up to open the sticker tray and find the link option.
- Tap the link option and type or paste the URL to add. The link will be displayed as a sticker on your Instagram Story.
You can also move it around and place it wherever you want it on your screen before posting. Finally, to post your story, tap the Share option.
- How to Poke on Facebook
- How to Share Photos on Google Photos
- Create Stickers for WhatsApp using Smartphones
Found this post on how to add links to Instagram Story helpful? Please, endeavour to share with friends.
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023
- How to Fix Klarna Not Working - November 21, 2023