In this guide, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix Error 126 in CS2 on both Steam and Windows platforms.
Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) is the anticipated follow-up to the CS:GO, introducing new features and updates that have fans eagerly anticipating its release.
Currently, the game is undergoing a test phase, where chosen players from the CS:GO community have been granted access to help identify any potential issues before its official launch.
The upcoming release of CS2 (Counter-Strike 2) is highly anticipated as it brings changes to the game. These include a CS Rating system, smoke grenades, improved maps, sub-tick updates for better responsiveness and much more.
However, some users are experiencing issues with CS2. One of the common issues is the Error 126. Before we get into the solutions, let's take a moment to explain what Error 126 means in CS2.
What is Error 126 in CS2?
Error 126 in Counter-Strike 2 occurs when there is a problem with the Microsoft Visual C++ packages installed on your computer. These packages are the components for running applications like CS2. If they become corrupted or incompatible, you may experience Error 126 when trying to launch CS2.
How to Fix Error 126 in CS2
To resolve Error 126, you need to remove and reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. To do this, you need to follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Open the Windows Search and search for “Control Panel”.
- In the Control Panel, find the “Programs” section.
- Click on “Uninstall a program.” Here, you will see a list of installed programs, which includes versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You will need to uninstall all of them.
- Now, you need to reinstall the Visual C++ packages. Visit the Microsoft website to download it.
- Install both the x86 and x64 versions of Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022. These versions are essential for CS2 to function correctly.
- Once you have successfully installed the required Visual C++ packages, you can now return to CS2. Try launching it. You should find that Error 126 (Dependency of application) has been resolved successfully.
Resolving error 126 in Counter-Strike 2 requires that you uninstall and then reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages. This will allow you to get back to enjoying the game without any further interruptions.
- How to Fix Copilot AI Not Showing on Windows 11 - October 2, 2023
- How to Get Copilot AI on Windows 11 - October 2, 2023
- How to Fix KB5030310 Update Not Installing on Windows 11 - October 2, 2023