In this guide, we'll take you through step-by-step instructions to fix “The Supplied Credentials Are Invalid” in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
If you've played The Texas Chain Saw Massacre game on PC through Steam, you're probably familiar with the excitement that comes with it. The horror game was inspired by the 1974 horror film with the same title.
As a victim in this game, your survival depends on how clever and stealthy you are to outsmart the Family’s clutches. On the hand, the Slaughter Family player's challenge is to track down captives and prevent their escape.
However, many users are encountering problems while playing the game. If you come across the “The Supplied Credentials Are Invalid” error while playing The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and are in search of solutions, you have come to the right place.
In this guide, we will provide you with different methods you can use to troubleshoot the error and get back to your game.
How to Fix “The Supplied Credentials Are Invalid” in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Below are a set of instructions to help you fix “The Supplied Credentials Are Invalid” in The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Just follow these steps, and you'll be able to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Update Your Graphics Card
Outdated graphics drivers are often the cause of errors such as “The Supplied Credentials Are Invalid.” These drivers serve as a connection between your hardware and the game. When they become outdated, compatibility problems can arise.
If you're using Nvidia, go to the Nvidia website and get the GeForce Experience app. Once you've signed up or logged in, go to the “Drivers” section and download the recent update.
For AMD users, you can visit the AMDs support page to get the updates you need.
Method 2: Run the Game as an Administrator
To bypass authentication issues while running a game, you can take these steps:
- Start by opening your Steam library.
- Locate The Texas Chain Saw Massacre game and right–click on it.
- Select “Properties.” In the “Local Files” tab, click on “Browse.”
- Next, right–click on the game executable and choose “Properties.”
- Within the “Compatibility” tab, check the box that says, “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Save your changes by clicking “OK”. Then proceed to launch the game.
Method 3: Allow the Game in Your Antivirus
Antivirus software can sometimes mistakenly identify games as threats. You can prevent them from running. To ensure that The Texas Chain Saw Massacre can be accessed without any issues, please follow these steps:
- Open Windows and go to “Virus & threat protection.”
- Click on “Manage protection” and then select “Allow an app through Controlled folder access.”
- Add the game to the list of allowed apps.
Now, proceed with the following steps:
- Go to the Control Panel and open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Choose “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.”
- Click on “Change settings”. Then, select “Allow another app…”
- Browse for the games file and add it as an exception.
By following these instructions, you can be sure that The Texas Chain Saw Massacre can run smoothly without any interference from antivirus software or firewalls.
Method 4: Disable Overlays and Conflicting Programs
Sometimes certain applications like Steam and Nvidia GeForce Experience can cause issues when playing games. To resolve this, you can follow these steps:
- Disable the Steam Overlay by right–clicking on the game in your library. Then, go to “Properties” and uncheck the option that says, “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.”
- If you are using an Nvidia graphics card, open the Nvidia GeForce Experience and go to “Settings.” Under the “General” section, disable the In–Game Overlay feature.
- It's also good to clear Steam's Download Cache and disconnect any devices like racing wheels before launching the game. Close any applications that might conflict with your gaming experience, such as Razer Synapse or MSI Dragon Center. Additionally, close browser tabs to help you free up some RAM for gameplay.
Method 5: Repair/Verify the Game Files
If you encounter any issues like “The Supplied Credentials Are Invalid” while playing the game, you can try resolving it by following these steps:
- First, go to your Steam library and right–click on the game.
- Select “Properties” and go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Finally, click on “Verify integrity of game files.”
This will help you resolve any corrupted files causing the issue.
Method 6: Update Windows to the Latest Version
Sometimes if you're using a version of Windows, it can lead to issues when playing games. To make sure your system is up to date, you can search for “Check for updates” using the Windows Search feature. Make sure you install any updates available in order to keep your system running.
Following the solutions above, you can easily overcome the “The Supplied Credentials Are Invalid” error and continue your experience in the game.
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023
- How to Fix Klarna Not Working - November 21, 2023