Are you having trouble accessing YouTube Kids or experiencing playback issues? You're not alone. While YouTube Kids can be a great source of age-appropriate videos and channels for children, it's not immune to technical glitches or connectivity problems. Fortunately, there are several ways to troubleshoot YouTube Kids not working and get it back to running smoothly. In this article, we'll show you 7 simple solutions to try.
YouTube Kids is a fantastic platform that offers an exciting world of videos for children. This platform has been designed to provide parents with a safer and more controlled environment for their children to explore videos, and it features a range of age-appropriate content.
However, despite its impressive features, it's not uncommon for YouTube Kids to develop technical glitches that may prevent it from working correctly. Below are some of the causes of this issue and how you can fix it.
Why is YouTube Kids Not Working?
Internet Connection Issues
One of the most common reasons why YouTube Kids may not work is due to internet connectivity issues. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, the app may not load or play videos. To fix this issue, you should check your internet connection and ensure that it is stable and strong. You can try resetting your router or modem or contacting your internet service provider (ISP) to troubleshoot the problem.
Another reason why YouTube Kids may not work is due to outdated versions of the app. YouTube Kids regularly releases updates to fix bugs and improve performance. If you are using an outdated version of the app, it may not work correctly. To fix this issue, you should check if there is an available update for the app on your device's app store and install it.
Cache and Data
YouTube Kids stores data and cache on your device, which can cause the app to malfunction. If you are experiencing issues with the app, you can try clearing the cache and data. To do this, go to your device's settings, then select Apps or Application Manager, locate YouTube Kids, and click on it. Next, select Clear Data and Clear Cache.
YouTube Kids is available on various devices, including smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs. However, the app may not work on some devices due to compatibility issues. To ensure that YouTube Kids works correctly on your device, you should check if your device meets the app's requirements. You can find the app's requirements on the app store.
Sometimes, YouTube Kids may not work due to server issues. This can happen if there is maintenance or an outage on the YouTube Kids server. If this is the case, you should wait for a few hours and try using the app again.
YouTube Kids provides parental controls that allow parents to restrict access to certain content and features. If you have enabled parental controls on the app, it may prevent your child from accessing certain videos or features. To fix this issue, you should check your parental control settings and ensure that they are set up correctly.
YouTube Kids requires a certain amount of storage space on your device to function correctly. If your device's storage is full, the app may not work correctly or may not load at all. To fix this issue, you should free up some space on your device by deleting unnecessary files or apps.
How to Fix YouTube Kids Not Working
Check Your Internet Connection
One of the most common causes of YouTube Kids not working is a weak or unstable internet connection. Since YouTube Kids streams videos online, it requires a reliable and fast connection to load and plays content without interruptions. To check your internet connection, try the following steps:
- Turn off any other devices that may be using the same network bandwidth.
- Move closer to your Wi-Fi router or modem.
- Restart your router or modem.
- Test your internet speed with a speed test tool (such as Speedtest.net) and compare it with your provider's promised speed.
If your internet connection is slow or unstable, consider upgrading your plan, moving to a different location with better coverage, or using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.
Update YouTube Kids App
Another common reason why YouTube Kids may not work properly is that the app is outdated or incompatible with your device's operating system. To update YouTube Kids app on your device, follow these steps:
- Go to your device's app store (Google Play or App Store).
- Search for “YouTube Kids” app.
- If an update is available, tap “Update” or “Install” button.
- Once the update is installed, try opening the app again.
If updating the app doesn't fix the issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to start fresh.
Clear YouTube Kids Cache and Data
Sometimes, the cache and data stored by YouTube Kids app can cause it to malfunction or behave erratically. To clear YouTube Kids cache and data on your device, follow these steps:
- Go to your device's Settings menu.
- Select “Apps” or “Application Manager.”
- Find and tap on “YouTube Kids” app.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Clear Data” option.
- Confirm the action by tapping on “OK” or “Delete.”
This will remove all the cached files and data from the app, forcing it to start anew. However, note that clearing data will also erase your login credentials, search history, and preferences, so you'll have to sign in again and reset your settings.
Disable YouTube Kids Restricted Mode
YouTube Kids has a Restricted Mode feature that allows parents to filter out potentially inappropriate content and limit access to certain features. However, sometimes Restricted Mode can also prevent certain videos from playing or block the entire app. To disable YouTube Kids Restricted Mode, follow these steps:
- Open YouTube Kids app.
- Tap on the lock icon on the bottom right corner.
- Enter your password or PIN code to access Parental Controls.
- Turn off Restricted Mode toggle switch.
- Exit Parental Controls and try playing a video again.
If this solves the issue, you can re-enable Restricted Mode and adjust its settings to suit your child's needs.
Restart Your Device
Restarting your device can often solve many technical issues, including YouTube Kids not working. This will refresh your device's memory, clear any pending tasks or updates, and re-establish network connections. To restart your device, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button until the device turns off.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the power button again until the device turns on.
- Open YouTube Kids app and check if it works.
Update Your Device's Operating System
Another potential cause of YouTube Kids not working is an outdated or incompatible device operating system. YouTube Kids requires a certain version of iOS or Android to work properly, and if your device is running an older or unsupported version, you may experience issues. To update your device's operating system, follow these steps:
- Go to your device's Settings menu.
- Select “System” or “Software Update.”
- Check for any available updates and follow the prompts to download and install them.
- Once the update is installed, restart your device and try opening YouTube Kids again.
Note that updating your device's operating system may take some time and require a stable internet connection, so make sure you have enough battery life and data or Wi-Fi access.
Contact YouTube Kids Support
If none of the above solutions works, you can contact YouTube Kids support for further assistance. You can reach out to YouTube Kids support via the following channels:
- YouTube Help Center: a comprehensive resource centre with FAQs, articles, and troubleshooting guides.
- YouTube Kids Community: a forum where you can post your questions or issues and get help from other users or moderators.
- YouTube Kids Feedback: a feedback form where you can report bugs, suggest improvements, or give general feedback about the app.
When contacting YouTube Kids support, make sure to provide as much detail as possible about your issue, such as the device model, app version, error message, and steps to reproduce the problem. This will help them diagnose and resolve the issue more quickly.
YouTube Kids not working can be frustrating for both parents and children, but with these 7 simple solutions, you can troubleshoot and fix the most common issues. Whether it's checking your internet connection, updating the app, clearing cache and data, disabling Restricted Mode, restarting your device, updating your operating system, or contacting support, there's always a way to get YouTube Kids back to working properly. Remember always to supervise your child's online activity and use parental controls and filters to ensure a safe and enjoyable viewing experience.
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023
- How to Fix Klarna Not Working - November 21, 2023