The new generation design for the Xbox Series S and X controller was not changed. Rather, it was improved. Here is how to connect Xbox Series X and S controller with Windows and macOS.
Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S were launched towards the latter part of last year. The new console comes with a new controller (in the box).
The Xbox Series S and X controller works with both the latest and previous generation of Microsoft consoles and as well as other devices. However, both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S use the same controller.
However, the latest controller is seen as more of an iterative upgrade over the previous generation controller. More so, it has the USB Type-C cable port and Bluetooth functionality which allows it to make both wired and wireless connections with other devices.
- How to Automate Tasks on iPhone Using Shortcuts
- How to Use Two WhatsApp Accounts on an Android Phone
- Turn Off Read Receipts on Facebook Messenger and iMessage
To connect Xbox Series X and S controller with Windows and macOS, please follow these steps.
How to Connect Xbox Series X and S Controller with Windows
- First, you need to put your Xbox Series S or X controller in pairing mode by pressing and holding the pair button on the controller until the Xbox logo starts flashing. The flashing logo is an indicator that the controller is in pairing mode.
- Next, turn on Windows PC Bluetooth to see the New Bluetooth game controller found notification pop up at the bottom right. The controller will be paired with your Windows PC and the flashing Xbox logo will be stable.
- You can also do this manually by going to Settings and clicking the Windows logo or pressing the Windows key on your PC.
- Next, go to Devices >> Bluetooth & other devices >> Add Bluetooth or other devices. Now, click Bluetooth and allow the PC to search for available devices. Find the Xbox wireless controller and click it to start pairing.
- Finish up the pairing process and the controller will be connected to the Windows PC.
How to Connect Xbox Series X and S Controller with macOS
- Go to System Preferences >> Bluetooth and turn it on.
- Next, put your Xbox Series S or X controller in pairing mode by pressing and holding the pair button on the controller until the Xbox logo starts flashing.
- The controller should appear in the list of available Bluetooth devices on macOS.
- Next, click the Connect button next to the name of the controller and the Xbox wireless controller will be connected.
- How to Transfer Contacts from an Android Device to iPhone
- How to Watch YouTube Video in Picture-in-Picture Mode on iPhone
- Learn to Connect PS5 DualSense Controller With Windows and macOS
Found this post on how to connect Xbox Series X and S controller with Windows and macOS helpful? Kindly share!
- How to Fix KB5034441 Update Not Installing on Windows 10 - January 18, 2024
- How to Fix 0x80070643 Error on Windows 10 - January 18, 2024
- Comparing Used Car Loans: Finding The Best Rates And Terms - January 18, 2024