Have you just gotten your new PS4 controller? Are you curious about how to get it connected to the console? Here, we have discussed. Here, we have discussed how to connect the PS4 controller with and without a USB Cable.
Before we begin, please take note that this guide will be brief and will describe to you how to connect your PS4 to the console with and without a USB cable.
- How to Connect Xbox Series X and S Controller with Android and iOS
- How to Connect PS5 DualSense Controller With Apple TV and Fire TV
- Learn to Connect Xbox Series X and S Controller with Windows and macOS
How to Connect PS4 Controller
With USB Cable
To connect your new PS4 controller to PS4 with a USB cable on a wired PS4 controller, please follow the steps below.
1. Start by turning on your PS4 console by pressing the power button.
2. Next, plug the other end of the PS4 controller wire into the USB port of the console.
3. Now, press the PS button of the controller and hold it steady for 3 seconds or more.
4. The PS4 controller should be connected to the console by now.
For wireless PS4 controllers, follow these:
First, turn on the PS4 console by pressing the power button.
1. Next, connect the micro connector of the USB cable to the PS4 controller. The mini USB port can be seen at the back of the controller.
2. Now, plug the other end of the USB cable into the console and press the PS button of the controller.
3. Hold the button down for 3 seconds or more. And the controller should be connected to the console already.
After connecting, you can now unplug the USB cable play games wirelessly. To add another wireless controller, use the same USB cable and follow the same guidelines used earlier.
Without USB Cable
To connect more wireless controllers to your PS4 console without a USB cable, here is the procedure:
- On the PS4 dashboard using a media remote for your PS4 or a connected PS4 controller, visit Settings >> Devices >> Bluetooth Devices.
- On the new PS4 controller you want to connect, hold down the SHARE button and the PS button for 5 seconds or more.
- The PS4 controller will show up on the Bluetooth Devices screen and you need to select it. The PS4 controller will be connected to the console.
Now, you can enjoy playing games with it.
- How to Connect PS5 DualSense Controller With Android and iOS
- How to Connect PS5 DualSense Controller With Windows and macOS
- Learn to Connect PS5 DualSense Controller With Apple TV and Fire TV
Found this article helpful? Please share.
- How to Fix “Westpac Accounts Not Showing” - December 4, 2023
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023