In case you are not aware, Jan Koum and Brian Acton are co-founders of WhatsApp long before Facebook acquired the popular instant messenger in 2014 for $19 billion. Although Koum stayed with the company, Acton announced his retirement late last year.
In a recent news, the billionaire posted on Twitter urging people to delete Facebook now. According to his tweet, he said:
“it is time. #deletefacebook”
This is said to be a big trouble for Facebook since WhatsApp is owned by Facebook and he used to be a part of the company. Although, he is not the only one doing these recently. The “delete Facebook” movement has been growing due to the massive data extortion scandal in which Cambridge Analytica harvested information on 50 million Facebook users without their knowledge.
The public and even politicians in the United States and the United Kingdom has queried the unlawful activities going on its data privacy. This has affected Facebook finances with a $50 billion loss in market value this week.
Acton is said to be currently working with Signa – a secure messaging app which he joined after his $50 million investment.
People Also Read
- How To Successfully Delete a Facebook Account Permanently
- Get 8x Recharge Bonus and Free WhatsApp With MTN Yafun Yafun Bonus
All Subscribers Can Now Activate Airtel 3GB Data For N1000 in 2018; Learn How!
- Are You Hungry? See How To Order Food Directly From Facebook
- How to Find Your Images on Midjourney - May 28, 2023
- How to Download Midjourney Images - May 28, 2023
- Evermotion Mechanical Painting Mondstadt 2 Solution in Genshin Impact - May 28, 2023