Did you just make final edits to some DOC or DOCX files and would love to save for read-only and prevent further edits? In this discussion, you will be learning how to easily convert Word documents to PDF for free.
PDF extension is popular with readable, non-editable files. Hence, files generally saved in PDF format can only be read with any PDF-compatible reader like Adobe XXXXX.
However, editing PDF files also is not something impossible, although not as easy as documents in Word. I have discussed how to learn about converting PDF files to Word in one of my most recent posts.
You may also like:
- Best Online Converters
- How to Scan Documents on iPhone
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Be A Blogger
- My Top 10 Highly Classified Blogging Tools
- How to Save Data while you Blog and Blog like a Professional
If you want to protect your files or doesn’t want the page setup disarranged when you open on different versions of Microsoft Word, a good choice to go for is to save the file at hand as a PDF.
Amazingly, saving Word documents like PDF is very easy. In fact, you can achieve this without the need to install any third-party apps.
Converting Word to PDF
Word Documents can be exported to PDF both online and offline. Both methods I just mentioned will be explained below.
How to Convert Word Documents to PDF Online
- A web browser
- Active internet connection
- Ensure your Word document has been saved. Now, launch your favourite web browser on your device and visit hipdf.com.
- When the page loads, select the Word to PDF option on the screen and load your Word document in the file uploader.
- Then, select Convert and wait for your Word file converted into PDF in real-time.
Finally, you can download the finally in its PDF form back to your device after the conversion process. Other similar websites that will help you convert your Word files to PDF are ilovepdf.com, pdf2go.com, and smallpdf.com.
How to Convert Word Documents to PDF Offline
You can convert Word files to PDF using on iOS and Mac using the default pages app, and Windows using Microsoft Word.
Steps to Convert Word to PDF on iOS
- Open your Word document and tap the three dots located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Export, then PDF. Further, select Export after entering a name for the PDF file.
Steps to Convert Word to PDF on Mac
- Open your Word document using the pages app.
- Now, select File, then Export to, and finally, PDF.
- Choose the quality you want the PDF saved and enter a name for the file.
- Finally, select export.
Steps to Convert Word to PDF on Windows
- Open your file using Microsoft Word.
- Then, select file from the top-left corner of the screen, then Save as.
- Choose where to save the file and enter a name for the file.
- Beneath the file name form, you will find Save as type, click and select PDF.
- Finally, click Save.
Finally, you have just learnt how to easily convert Word documents to PDF for free both online and offline. If you found this post helpful, kindly share your thoughts with me and don’t forget to share with fri0ends.