Would you like to lit up the appearance of your phone by changing how your apps look? Here, we have explained how to change app icons on Android and iPhone devices.
On every smartphone, each app whether pre-installed on the device or installed by the phone user has its own icon. Tapping this icon gives us access to using such an app.
If you have decided to bring a better feeling to your apps by changing the look of the icons, you have not made the wrong decision. In fact, changing apps icons are very easy than you must have imagined. And, here is how:
- How to Use Signal on a Laptop or PC
- How to Edit Details on your Google Account
- Automate Tasks on iPhone Using Shortcuts
How to Change App Icons on Android
One of the best things to do with your Android phone is to change the icons for the apps you use on it. These can be done using the default method, by installing a custom launcher or an icon pack.
Change App Icons by Default Method
- Search the app icon you want to change. Press and hold the app icon until a popup appears.
- Select “Edit”.
- The following popup window shows you the app icon as well as the application's name (which you can also change here).
- To choose a different icon, tap on the app icon. Now you can choose a different one from the available selection.
Change App Icons by Custom launcher
If you would prefer this method, it requires you to use a launcher that allows you to customize your phones home screen to your taste. There are a good number of launchers on the Google Play Store that will allow you to change app icons on your smartphone.
Visit the Play Store and search for the best launchers you can use. One of the best I have seen around is the Nova Launcher, but there are many others that are as good as it.
Install the launcher of your choice and follow on-screen setup instructions to set it up properly. After the setup process, you can check the launcher settings for the option to change your icons.
If you want, you can also install icon packs for your apps if you do not want a third-party launcher. This actually works for several mobile brands. The X Icon Changer for Android works better just as much as some other great ones.
How to Change App Icons on iPhone
When we talk about customizing icon app on smartphones, obviously iPhone devices are not left out. The iOS 14 Apple OS will let you customize your home screens with customized app icons and widgets as pleased.
To change app icons on your iPhone and iPad, follow this process:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone and select the library tab.
- Next, tap the plus icon from the upper right corner of your screen to create a new shortcut.
- Search and choose the action you want this shortcut to do simply by tapping it. You may test the shortcut by tapping the play button.
- Next, name the shortcut by tapping on the two toggle switches in the upper right and tap Done to confirm the creation of the shortcut.
- Now, you will need to customize the shortcut by finding it in the library tab and tap on Settings.
- Next, tap the icon to select a different one and you can choose a different icon and change the background colour too. Besides, you can also choose a photo as an app icon by selecting Choose Photo option. Choose your desired photo as the app icon and adjust it to your liking by zooming in or out.
- Finally, you can add it to your Home Screen to display the shortcut on the home screen.
- Tap Add to confirm the selection in the upper right-hand corner.
- Change Language on Facebook and Instagram
- How to Add Widgets to Home Screen on iOS 14
- How to Easily Unlock iPhone Devices Using Dr Fone
Found this article on how to change app icons on Android and iPhone helpful? Please share.