There are certain things that are required of you as a TikTok creator. These requirements must be met before any creator can go live. Here, we have explained what you need, the requirements and how to go live on TikTok.
Content creators can go live on TikTok and receive gifts. They collect gifts such as diamonds which can be redeemed for money.
A creator with at least 2,000 diamonds can redeem it for $10 and cash out the balance. Here, we have explained everything that is required to go live on TikTok. These include all you need to get live access and the actually reason why you can’t go live.
- How to Remove Filter from TikTok Video
- Learn to See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
- How to Remove the Rotoscope Filter on TikTok
Requirements to Go Live on TikTok
TikTok creators willing to go live must be, at least, 16 years old or above. Besides, only users that are 18 years old and above can send and receive gifts while LIVE.
In addition to this, you must have a minimum of 1,000 followers to go live on TikTok. As a creator, you can interact with your followers when you are live.
It is compulsory to ensure that you meet these conditions before you can go live on TikTok. However, when you are live, be sure to follow TikTok's terms of service and community guidelines. This will help to keep the platform fun, positive, and promote a safe and enabling environment for other users.
A creator has to meet all of these conditions and not part. For example, a TikTok user under the age of 16 years having a thousand followers still won't be able to go live. The same applies to a person above 16 years with less than 1,000 followers.
TikTok also demand that only users that are 18 years old and above can send and receive gifts. However, users from specific countries cannot use these features. These functions are not available in all countries and regions at the moment.
If you meet every other requirement and cannot still go live or send and receive gifts, it is very possible that they are not currently supported in your region. Simply wait till these features are rolled out for you.
How to Get Live Access on TikTok
Before you can get live access on TikTok, you have to be at least, 16 years old and with a minimum of a thousand followers.
With these, you will be granted access to TikTok Live. Below, we have considered the steps involved in going live on TikTok in two easy steps.
How to Go Live on TikTok
- Launch the TikTok mobile app on your phone and tap the Create button (the + icon located at the bottom of your screen). This will open your camera displaying three options beneath the screen.
- The three options displayed are Camera, Templates, and LIVE. The LIVE option is only shown to creators that have met the TikTok requirements for going live. Tap on the LIVE tab and further on Go LIVE to start a live session on TikTok.
Why can't I go live on TikTok?
The major reason is that you cannot meet the requirements as laid down by TikTok. These are a minimum of 16 years age and a thousand followers for a TikTok creator.
If you are above 16 years old with more than a thousand followers, check and ensure you have entered the correct date of birth on TikTok. Go to your profile, then Menu, then to Settings and privacy and finally, Manage account. You will see the Date of birth option.
If you are setting the date of birth for the first time, be sure to enter it correctly because it is not that easy to change your date of birth.
You have to contact TikTok to alloy you make an edit. Simply contact TikTok or report the error by submitting the feedback form. However, you have to wait for 1 – 3 working days for a response from TikTok.
Usually, you have to provide an official document that can serve as an ID to TikTok so as to verify that you have entered the wrong date of birth.
We have established that there are specific requirements for anyone to go live on TikTok including a thousand minimum followers and that the creator should be at least, 16 years of age.
- How to Restore Factory Settings on iPhone
- How to Know Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
- Choosing the Best Free VPN for Android, iOS and PC
Found this helpful? Kindly share and engage!
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023
- How to Fix Klarna Not Working - November 21, 2023