Would you like to scan QR Codes on your Android device? Here, we have discussed how to scan QR codes on Android devices.
The Android OS is the most used in the world right now. Many top smartphone producers depend greatly on it.
QR codes can be found on many things. When scanned, they perform a specific task. This might be to open a web page, download an app, initiate a text message, or something else. There have been recent cases of firms allowing customers to order their products and make payments using QR codes.
- How to Scan QR Codes on iPhone
- How to Copy Texts from Images Using Google Lens
- Send Money on Google Pay from Bank, Phone, UPI ID and QR
The process involved in scanning QR Codes differs from phone to phone. Specific new models from smartphone manufacturers come with an inbuilt QR code scanner making use of the camera. Other devices might require you to install a QR scanner app from a third party.
Interestingly, there are tons of apps on the Google Play Store that performs this function.
Here is how to scan a QR code on an Android device.
How to Scan QR Code on Android Devices
Most smartphones running on Android 8 or later comes with a scan QR code embedded in their camera app. By simply capturing a QR code from your device’s camera, you should see a pop-up. If your smartphone however doesn’t support this, you can simply use the Google Lens app instead.
Using the Native Camera App
Open the Camera app and point it towards the QR Code to be scanned for a few seconds. If it supports it, you will see a notification. If otherwise, go to the device settings and allow QR Code scanning.
However, if the option is not seen from settings, it is very like that your smartphone does not support scanning QR Codes natively. Interestingly, there are other options that can be used. You can use the Google Lens app (with or without your native Google Assistant app) or a third-party QR Code scanner from Google Play Store.
Using Google Lens App
- If the methods above don’t work for you, simply take a picture of the QR code and go to the Google Photos app. Tap the Google Lens icon right underneath the picture.
- The Google Lens app can be used to scan a QR code easily. If you don’t have it pre-installed on your device, you can simply install it from the Google Play Store.
Using Google Lens with the Assistant Tool
This also lets you scan QR Codes with Google lens using the Google Assistant tool.
- Simply hold down the home button to show the Assistant. By default, you should see the Lens button. If it doesn’t appear, click on the dots below the screen to see the Lens button to the left.
- Further, grant Lens the permission to use your camera and place your camera at the QR Code to scan.
Using a Third-party QR Code Scanner
- How to Screen Record on Android Device
- How to Change App Icons on Android and iPhone
- Learn to Transfer Contacts from an Android Device to iPhone
Found this article on how to scan QR codes on Android devices helpful? The endeavour you share to help others.