If you have a website or a business profile elsewhere, you can add the link to your TikTok profile. Here, we have explained how to add a link to TikTok bio for personal and business accounts.
Adding links to your TikTok bio is a great decision to help you make quick conversions and drive traffic to your webpage. Interestingly, it works pretty well for every user, whether you use a personal or business account.
Earlier in 2022, many TikTok users complained about not having the website feature. Instead, it was a nonprofit feature they got. Although the Nonprofit feature will allow you to add a non-profit organisation to your profile, it won’t let you add a website link.
- How to Add Link to Instagram Story
- How to See Who Viewed Your TikTok Videos
- Save Personal Notes and Media Files with WhatsApp
Even with a business account, you won’t be able to add a link to your TikTok bio. However, be informed that you're not alone in this. Many users like you are also experiencing this difficulty.
Below, we have explained how to add a link to your TikTok bio and the primary reason you can’t add a link yet.
TikTok, in Jan 2022, updated its terms of service and policy. One of the significant changes to the platform is that you cannot add a link to your bio unless you have at least 1000 followers or more.
The 1,000 followers limit does not only apply to users that want to add a link to their profile alone. It also serves as a benchmark for the feature that lets you go live on TikTok.
This update was introduced to check and control spam on the platform.
The eligibility criteria, according to TikTok, read:
“Business accounts that have 1,000+ followers.
Also, business accounts who completed the business registration process (currently in alpha and only available in the United States, United Kingdom, Russia, Indonesia, and Canada).
Business accounts using the website link feature before the effective date of January 22, 2022, can continue using the feature with no changes.”
The only users affected by the new requirements are those that switched to a business account after the new standards were implemented. As a result, if you have added your website link before January 22, 2022, you can continue to use it without any issues.
However, you cannot switch back to a personal account. If you try that, you will lose the website link you have added and will not be able to read the link unless you have a thousand followers.
- Launch TikTok and go to your profile. Next, tap the menu (three horizontal bar) icon and choose Settings and privacy.
- Now, under the Account tab, tap Manage account and locate the ACCOUNT CONTROL tab. Under ACCOUNT CONTROL, select the Switch to Business Account option.
- Select a category and then head back to your TikTok profile on the next screen.
- Finally, tap on Edit Profile, then on Add your website option. You can now enter your website link. After entering the URL, tap on Save.
Unfortunately, TikTok does not allow the addition of links to personal account profiles. Additionally, the business account on which a link is to be added to its bio must have 1,000 followers.
You can consider switching to a business account if you have up to a thousand followers so you can add your website link. The website feature is only visible when editing profiles associated with a business account.
We have summarised the requirements to add a link below.
- The TikTok user account must be a business account. A personal account does not have this feature.
- The business account must have at least 1,000 followers and have completed its business registration process.
The recent TikTok updates now prevent all users from adding links to their bio. To do so, you have to meet specific requirements that have been discussed above.
If you followed our guide to the letter, you should have gotten the issue fixed. However, if you still have problems after following this guide, please, do not hesitate to contact the TikTok support team.
- How to Make Money on RuneScape
- How to Get the Invisible Filter on Snapchat
- Learn to Fix Overwatch 2 Beta Not Showing Up
Found this post helpful? Please, endeavour to share and engage!
- How to Fix “Westpac Accounts Not Showing” - December 4, 2023
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023