In this post, you will be learning how to clear browser history on all OS and browsers.
Your web browser keeps track of the page you visit on the internet. This record called browser history contains the URL, cache data and login access of the pages you visit.
Browsing history data consists of the websites you have accessed recently and the time of visits. Immediately you visit a new webpage, it is recorded in the browser history.
Browser records can be useful especially when you have forgotten the URL of a website you visited and didn’t bookmark. However, there are associated privacy issues you could experience if you are used to not deleting browsing history.
- How to Use WhatsApp on Laptop and PC
- Change iPhone Wallpaper Automatically on iOS 14
- How Google can help you keep your passwords safe and secure
- Browse Faster on PC When Connected to Smartphone Hotspot
If you are much concerned about the things people and apps that have access to your devices should see, clearing your browsing history frequently is one of the most important things that you should always do.
Below, we shall be looking at how to clear browser history regardless of the type of device or browser.
How to Clear Browser History on all OS and Browsers
How to Clear Browser History on PC
- Launch Chrome and click the three dots towards the top-right corner.
- Now, hover on History and choose History from the options that appear. The browsing history page will load in a new tab.
- Also, from the left menu on that page, click Clear browsing data.
- In another tab, you will be able to choose to clear your browsing history and other data like cookies, passwords, cache images and files, and more. You may also set a range for the things you want to clear.
- Finally, click Clear Data and the Chrome history for the specified time will be deleted. The browsing history will be deleted across all devices signed-in in to your Google account.
Microsoft Edge comes with Windows 10 OS for PC. Here is the process to clear your browser history on Microsoft Edge.
- Launch Microsoft Edge and click the three dots to the right of the address bar.
- Now, select History.
- And on the History menu, click Clear History. Ensure you check the Browsing history checkbox and click Delete. You can even turn the lever on to allow Edge to clear your browsing history automatically.
To clear browsing history on Firefox, kindly do the following.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser and click on Library.
- Next, choose history from the drop-down that appears and select Clear recent history.
- On the next screen pop-up, choose the browsing history you want to clear and interval.
- Finally, click OK.
How to Clear Browser History on Mobile
Here, I will address how to clear browsing history on Android and iOS devices.
- Start Chrome browser and tap the three dots in the right corner.
- Find and tap History to see a list of the recently visited websites opens.
- On iOS, tap Edit at the bottom to choose individual pages. And on Android, tap X symbol placed next to each link.
- To clear all history at once, tap Clear browsing data.
- On the next screen, select the data you would like to clear and the interval.
- Finally, tap Clear Browsing Data (on iOS) or Clear Data (on Android) and confirm.
- On your iOS device, start Safari and open History menu.
- Further, select Clear History and the part that you want to delete.
- Finally, tap Clear History.
- Launch Edge and tap the three dots to the bottom of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, choose Settings and select Privacy & Security.
- Next, select Clear Browsing Data and select the data to clear.
- Finally, tap Clear browsing data then Clear to confirm your selection.
- Launch Firefox on your smartphone and tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Next, tap History then tap Clear browsing history.
- Now, tap OK to clear your browsing history.
- Learn to Unfriend in PUBG Mobile
- How to Return A Product on Flipkart
- How to Add Widgets to Home Screen on iOS 14
- Learn How to Use WhatsApp Disappearing Message
Found this post on how to clear browser history on all OS and browsers helpful? Kindly share!
- How to Fix “Westpac Accounts Not Showing” - December 4, 2023
- How to Fix “Windows cannot access the specified device” in Fortnite - November 25, 2023
- What You Need to Know About Earning Money Through Online Games - November 24, 2023